The successful candidate will take ownership over and be fully responsible for the operational fitness, maintenance and reporting of critical/essential mechanical and electrical equipment within the property including but not limited to essential cooling and power to comms rooms.
The following is a general list of roles and responsibilities required at Garden Studios.
Day to Day Activities
- Lead a small team of trainees and runners in ensuring the studio premises and surrounding areas are always well functioning, tidy and welcoming.
- Completion of plant rounds to ensure all plant checked, recorded and highlight any potential plant failures
- Report Plant Defects to the Technical Facilities Manager and log on helpdesk
- Responsible for issued reactive task/incidents reported through to completion.
- Report day to day activities detailed within help desk reports ensuring all reports sent at end of each day.
- Work closely and cooperatively with the management team and other service providers working within the property.
- Completion of site inductions for all staff and contractors
- Issuing and implementation of permit to work systems to preferred contractor.
- Issuing and implementation of Limitation of Work Access system
- Review all sub-contractor RAMS issued and ensure all works are scheduled to be carried out in accordance with Garden Studios requirement
- Review sub-contractor RAMS to ensure the risks to all hazards recognized are minimized by control measures stated.
- Carrying out continuous sub-contractor monitoring
- Responsible for ensuring helpdesk is updated and actions are remedied in a timely manner.
- Ensure plant and system affected by the sub-contractor’s work remain in a stable and operable condition posing no risk to the buildings integrity or demise services to demise floors.
Actions Required Due to Plant or Equipment Failure
- Ensure the health and safety of all staff personnel where reasonably practicable.
- Ensure the integrity of the property and the plant etc.
- Follow and assist failure procedures through until completion, aligned with reports.
- Communicate the issues to the Technical Facilities Manager to ensure defect list are updated.
- Stabilise the plant or any equipment failure to minimise/eliminate any issues to the customer’s equipment
- Manage specialist contractors in event of incident/equipment failure
- Continuous plant monitoring to ensure the situation remains stable
- Procuring Materials or Equipment as and when required in budget
- Assisting the Technical Facilities Manager, but not limited to water treatment: (water flushing and tap temperatures)
- Assist with Monthly, Quarterly, Bi Annual and Annual Compliance Testing
- Completion of remedial works as required following completion of compliance testing (emergency lights) with updating appropriate health & Safety compliance documents.
- Assisting the Technical Facilities Manager in relation to health and safety ensuring all site activities are compliant with health and safety legislation and safeguarding all persons within the building.
- Responsible for the completion and documentation of the weekly fire alarm fire testing
- Responsible for maintenance PPE and ensure checked on monthly basis.
- Responsible for the completion of PPM’s issued via the Technical Facilities Manager, these to include but not limited to the following: HVAC systems, Water systems, Fire alarm systems, Electrical systems.
- Update PPM helpdesk and file paperwork accordingly aligning with compliance system.
- Ensure the Technical Facilities Manager is aware of remedial actions required and take ownership of the issue until resolved.
- Complete critical and consumable spares check monthly and report to the Technical Facilities Manager as required
- To be an authorised person (AP)
- Updating Defect List Sheet ensuring once reported works are booked in and followed up to completion updating relevant site folders.
- Ensure Plantroom Ownership is adhered to keeping a clean and tidy standard throughout
- Tools to be checked and update the Technical Facilities Manager.
Knowledge and Skills/Business Acumen/ Education and Experience
- Ability to obtain a deep understanding of the core business of as well as a basic understanding of general business practices.
- Constantly demonstrates the ability to successfully operate critical equipment within the Site.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Shows a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Strong judgment and instincts.
- Able to prioritise in complex, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates a willingness to attend on and off-site mandatory training as they are required.
- Insists on the highest standards from self and others.
- Admits and takes ownership for mistakes.
- Knows when to ask for help.
- Keeps others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company.
- Engenders trust and respect in all working relationships.
- A flexible approach to work is required as the post may involve some “out of hours” working.
The above is a guideline to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required. Any of the above duties may be required to be changed / altered to suit our client’s ever-changing needs. It does not form part of your contract of employment.